Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Career Confusion.

So for some insane reason I am contemplating culinary school again. In my mind this holds unrestricted awesomeness in one hand, and a complete lack of responsibility in the other. Let me explain…

I had, for some time, a dream of opening and owning my own restaurant. I want to make a menu and decide on dishes, walk back to the kitchen fraternize with the staff and then casually sit in the front as a guest and spy on other patrons occasionally leaning to the table next to me to ask, “what would you recommend?” This is the dream I had (have to some extent).

I however after closing out my college career and reflecting for a long time have become completely and utterly confused. At the current time I can hear a career path and no matter what it is, except for anything accounting, I can creating a fantastic picture of it in my head. I have imagined going to work in boots, jeans, a button down and hard hat as a construction manager, wearing a suit to close the big deal as a salesman, slumping around my house working from home as a freelance writer and the list goes on and on and every damn one seems to appeal to me. So now, I pose the question, "how do I know what I want to do with my life… when will I know… is it possible to get hired in the meantime?" Comment if you have any input...






...Oh yea, and as to not disappoint here is a simple recipe for what I accidentally called “Sunny Day Mushroom Pasta”

-pasta (I used fettuccini)

-Sun dried tomatoes

-Mushrooms

-Salt

-Pepper

-Tomato sauce

-Olive Oil

-Italian Seasoning (I am pretty sure it is just dried basil with a few other things added)

First things obvious, put water on to boil the noodles.

Next, put some olive oil in a pan and bring it to heat. Toss in your sun dried toms and mushrooms and spices into the pan. I didn’t measure anything as usual, but I would say enough to make it tasty but not so much that it is too much (figure that out if you can).

Add salt, pepper, and a little olive oil and then your noodles to the pot of boiling water… Duh

Finally, pour your tomato sauce into your pan of mushrooms and tomatoes. Let it simmer until your noodles are done (which according to the pasta box is about 7 minutes but I think they are full of shit, why I don’t know). Once you have everything done drain the noodles, plate them, and then plop some of your sauce and mushrooms on top. Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. You have to go with your heart. But if you're heart is in a couple different places, as you said, I'd say trust what has never steered you wrong...your gut.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing with us!
    At Batteries and Chargers, we carry a wide range of Chargers, Batteries, Flashlights, Smart Devices, Earbuds, and more at reasonable prices.

    For more information, please visit our site:
    Batteriesandchargers

    ReplyDelete