Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Boiled Chicken with a Chipotle Mushroom Hat



Chicken Breast
Mushrooms
Chipotle Powder
Garlic
Oregano
Olive Oil

This is a quick and easy little diddy and that has come up off of me trying to boil or poach chicken... (I want to try poaching a whole chicken, but that is a future story)... but anyways I started by halving some mushrooms and thawing out the chicken.

I threw the garlic in a pan with some olive oil and let the heat pull the flavor out of the garlic. After a few minutes, I laid in the mushrooms and began to cook them up. I gradually added the seasoning as they cooked to taste.

While that was going I began to boil some water and tossed in the chicken. When cooking chicken in this way. You really do not have to watch the time, you just have to watch the chicken and once it starts to float to the top of the water its done.

I pulled the chicken out put a layer of shrooms down atop of them and TADAAAAH!!!! done.

No comments:

Post a Comment