Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Jumpstart Breakfast Sami



2 Eggs
Milk
Butter or Pam
Tomatoes (I used cherry)
Lettuce (I used arugula)
Mozzarella
Bacon
Hoagie Roll

This is a quick and simple idea for breakfast. First you start by mixing a little milk in with your eggs (quantity depends on preference, I like a good and fluffy egg so I tend to add a little more but if you could skip the milk altogether if you wanted) Next cook the egg milk mix scramble style, but don’t break the egg apart as much trying to leave it in larger pieces or even one big piece (more omelet like). This makes form a much neater sandwich come time to put everything together.

While whipping up the eggs throw your bacon on. I like to use a pan cooked bacon because it keeps a lot of the grease and will crisp up really nicely retaining some of the fat on the bacon, but microwave, baked, or even fried bacon will get the job done

While all that is happening you can toast your hoagie. Now since my toaster would not handle the hoagie bun I used a pan on the stove top being sure to keep an eye on it so that it didn’t burn.

Once all that is pulling to a close slice up your tomato and get ready to slam this breakfast sami together, and then down the hatch. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment